What is AlaVINE?
AlaVINE is a free resource available 24/7 for crime victims and concerned citizens in Alabama provided by the Alabama Attorney General's Office.
It is an innovative service providing crime victims, victim advocates and other concerned citizens free and confidential notification regarding a particular county inmate's release, transfer or escape from participating agencies.
Please do not depend only on this program for your protections. Maintain other contacts with your advocate, attorney or law enforcement officers assigned to your case.
- *Get information about criminal cases and custody status using telephone, internet or email.
- *Register to be notified immediately in the event of an offender's release, escape, transfer or court appearance.
- *Inquire about the current status of an offender.
Benefits of AlaVINE
- Around-the-clock support -- a staff of live operators to assist victims and technicians who monitor all VINE systems.
- Saves taxpayers money by eliminating the need to manually notify victims, allowing staff to focus on their core responsibilities.
- Provides life-saving services to victims at no cost.
- Helps satisfy most states' legislative requirement for victim notification.
- Depending upon community, victims can interface with VINE in multiple languages.
- VINE generates about 700,000 notification calls each month.
Toll Free: 1-877-VINE-4-AL (1-877-846-3425)
TTY Services for the Hearing Impaired call: 1-866-847-1298
Office of Victim Assistance
Alabama Attorney General's Office
11 South Union Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36130
A Message From The Sheriff
This site is maintained as a public service for the citizens of Etowah County. As Sheriff, it is my pleasure to serve you in this manner. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.